Saturday, April 21, 2007

Today's Feature is Happy Feet

You might find me often referring to DVD releases instead of movies that are in theatre. However, since there's a lot of people out there that can't always "go out" to the movies, this makes it easier for people to find out what other's are saying about the newest DVD releases!

My feature today is "Happy Feet". The reason I chose a children's movie for my first post regarding entertainment related issues, is simple. This particular movie can be enjoyed by more than just the children in the home. This movie is humerous and yet it has a theme geared towards touching the hearts of the viewers in regards to protecting the animals in our environment. One could say that it almost gives you a humerous look at the way a "Penguin" views what we, as humans, are doing to them and their ecosystem.

One of the reasons I liked this movie so much was because of the actor's voices who are portrayed in the film, but also because the music is exceptionally well done. Robin Williams, who happens to be one of my most favorite actors, does the voice of at least two of the penguins in the film, and he makes the movie enjoyable. Brittaney Murphey does the voice of the main "female" penguin role and I've loved her work since she first came on the scene.

You may find often, that I won't go into large details about the movies I mention because the purpose of this blog is to give you some insight without ruining the film for you. This is because some of you may not have seen it yet and you are reading this blog as a way of referral before renting or buying the DVD.

To sum up this featured title, I will say simply that the movie is about a young penguin who is born without a heartsong. Instead, he is born with happiness in his feet. When other penguins sing to try to attract a mate, he tends to tapdance. Being an oddball causes him to be blamed for the lack of fish to eat, he's "cursed" so to say, which sets him out on a journey to prove that the "aliens" (human beings) are the cause of the lack of fish.

If you don't mind watching a children's movie, I rate "Happy Feet" as a ten, and recommend it to anyone who loves a good story.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just realized you're from Texas. So am I, Houston. What part are you from?

RR

Teri said...

No longer from Texas. I was in the Panhandle (up by Amarillo) moved to East Texas (Southeast of Dallas) for 8 months and then moved to Washington state for a while