Friday, April 20, 2007

Let's Get Aquainted!

Let's get aquainted!

I think it only fair to share where the title of my blog comes from. Quite frankly you all can thank my ten year old son! We had a snow weekend before last (which is seasonally unusual for our area). As with any kind of wet stuff that falls from the sky, it began to create a puddle at the end of our street. You know what I'm talking about. Every town in the United States has at least one street like this. The water accumulates so fast that it cannot run off and creates a massive attraction to young children on their bicycles!

We were turning the corner to come home after all this snow had melted and this puddle had grown to a proportion where it was almost covering the whole road. As we approached, there were approximately fifteen to twenty of our neighborhood kids hanging out on their bicycles talking and having, what seemed like, a load of fun. As we turned the corner my son said, "Well looks like everyone's hanging out at the neighborhood mud puddle." I couldn't help but think of how catchy his words sounded. I believe there were even comments of how the phrase would make a good name for a unique business. I knew that in time, God would somehow show me that this phrase would come in handy and be quite a catchy phrase for others to use. When I decided what I wanted my blog to be about (what my contents were going to be) I couldn't help but realize that my topics are simply those things that we all sit around and talk about when we're hanging out with our family and friends. Hanging out...the neighborhood hangout of course was....the mud puddle. So I decided to take a chance. So, as a result, I invite anyone who wishes to come hang out with me at "The Neighborhood Mud Puddle" and comment on their favorite singers, actors, or actresses to do so with much delight.

I plan to offer posts about new movies I've seen, concerts I've been to, television episodes that I found impressive for the week and anything entertainment related. The news may spring a post into action regarding happenings with my favorite actors, or maybe even yours. I welcome people's feed back and comments. So, feedback for this post will be simple. What do you think of the title for this blog?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Teri,

I love your blog. I'm more of a DVD person so I can sit around and be more comfortable. Do you recommend anything new on DVD? And have you seen Speed Racer? I've heard it's not so good/someone else said 'awesome'.

RR :-)